Tuesday, June 29, 2010


I apologize to those that have been following the blog and havent seen anything for a while. On day 2+ fever got worse, I passed out when they came to take vitals and weight, all I remember is that I was on the scale.....I heard the nurses calling my name...not sure how long I was out, but they had to call the response team. I passed out a second time later that day, (the nurse was there) responded quicker so no need for the response team the second time. After that they put me on a "bed alarm" .Couldnt get out of bed without the nurse there and when I tried, the alarm sounded on  the whole 15th floor. (I did try....lol...that's how I know...)
Fever was going up every few hours, always at the same time every day and blood pressure went down too much at the same time. For 5 days Dr. Burt tested me for everything that he could think was causing the fever , switched medicines around and fever wouldnt go away or down. It lasted 8 days, where I didnt do much and dont remember much...lol ,since fever was so high I was kind of sleepy on and off half of the time and very tired. Then I got the "pain" that many people says they get during the inyections, which started on day 5+ to stimulate the cells, it was bad on my legs and head. He said it was great news, because it meant my bone marrow was going  on the right direction and started to engrave back to my bones. !! YAY
He stopped the inyections that day (day 8+) and next day my numbers started to go up on their own and fever started to go down until it was normal again. Pain got better,only had a headache for a few days.

Monday morning he said my lab work was excellent and I could go home (in Chicago...lol) that afternoon. After I got home I went to Walgreens to get the medicines he prescribed. It was nice to go for a walk and breath fresh air....lol

Today I feel good, just really tired. I will see him tomorrow and if everything is good with my lab work, they may let me go home to florida soon.

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for the update - been hoping no news was good news so I am so sorry to hear about your fever - YUCK!
    I hope you are finding relief and that the meds are doing what you need them to do - you're still in our prayers each night!!
    Take care of yourself!!